WELCOME BACK TO THE GULF COAST CENTER FOR ADVANCED COSMETIC ORTHODONTICS!
Dr. Williams and staff will begin seeing patients on Monday, May 11th, in a Phase 1 Protocol. This Phase 1 Protocol means curbside or carside service, to allow patients to accept and continue their aligner therapy, and have inspections for treatment progress and future immediate needs.
Dr. Williams has been providing top level orthodontic and dentofacial orthopedic treatment for 40 years. During this time, our community has faced many different challenges. The COVID-19 virus is our latest challenge, and unlike others, we are facing an invisible enemy.
In order to maintain safety for our patients, staff, doctor and community, we will begin with a safe and cautious manner to allow all of the documentation regulations to be followed. The following procedure will be STRICTLY ENFORCED, as mandated by the State Health Department.
For your next visit:
- You will need to print the two COVID-19 forms, found here.
- Sign both forms and bring them to your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment. Our brushing station will be closed at this time.
- Make sure you bring your own FACEMASK. Patients without a facemask will not be seen.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, call our office at (228) 896-8333 and advise the front desk which of the numbered parking spots you are in.
- Patients are to remain in their cars until orthodontic assistant or Dr. Williams approaches.
- Your COVID-19 forms will be reviewed and your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer. Patients with temperature of over 100.4° F will not be seen.
- Some appointments, such as aligner tray deliveries will be completed curbside or carside.
- If it is determined that the patient can enter the building, only the patient will be allowed in the building.
- Patient will follow assistant, wearing their FACEMASK into the building and straight into the HAND SANITIZING STATION.
- Patient will then be directed to the orthodontic chair specifically set-up for that patient. Patient may be requested to use a Hydrogen Peroxide Oral Rinse, depending on the scheduled procedure.
- Upon completion of the appointment, front desk will schedule patient’s next visit, and assistant will escort patient back to the car to give parent any information regarding the patient’s treatment progress. At this time, parent can also check the time and date of the patient’s next visit, they can call to reschedule if needed.
- ACCOUNTS NEED TO BE CURRENT TO SCHEDULE FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENTS. If you are paying with a credit card, please make the payment by phone, in order to avoid any unnecessary contact. At this time, check is preferred over cash. If you are paying by cash, please have cash in a zip lock bag.
- Practice good hygiene! Brush and floss at home after you leave our office.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE ANY CHANGE OF ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. ALSO, PROVIDE US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH YOU FOR ANY CHANGES OR FURTHER INFORMATION, AS NEEDED.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. Dr. Williams wants this to be a happy, and above all, a safe reunion with all of his patients. We will do our best to expedite your appointment. Your reading this Protocol for Patients, will assist us in keeping an orderly and safe sequence of procedures.
Also, during this initial time, our reception area and patient bathroom will be CLOSED. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are following State Board mandates.
Thank you again for your assistance and understanding.
Our patients’ safety is our #1 priority!
DR. MICHAEL O. WILLIAMS & STAFF